That was a tough one today.
P90X – Chest, Shoulders & Triceps
P90X – Ab Ripper X
Total Time = 77 Minutes
I just wrapped the ‘off-week’ and today it was back to the weights. Yesterday was supposed to be the final X Stretch in the off-week, but I had a day full of meetings and then an evening band rehearsal. By the time I got home last night it was 11pm and I was done. So, I made that stretch day a rest day instead. Then again, playing drums for 2 hours ain’t exactly resting. lol.
I do appreciate the off-week in this program, however, even after just a week with no weights, it always seems hard on the first day back in. Today was no exception. I had to get up early today and head down to Hollywood for an audition. I got home and had things to do and then found myself needing a nap. It was a busy week with not a lot of sleep and it just kinda caught up to me. Today my morning workout ended up being an evening workout instead. I used to prefer the late afternoon/early evening workouts. Now that I have gotten on a morning schedule, I kind of dread them. I had a hard time starting today. And even after I did, I just wasn’t feeling it at the beginning. I guess I was being resistant for some reason. About 15 minutes in, I started feeling a bit shaky. So I ate a half of a banana mid-workout. That helped as I think my blood sugar was low. So far this story sounds pretty grim, huh? Haha… well, there is a reason that I am sharing this. And that is because it was my reality tonight. And there is no benefit for me to sugar coat that here. This blog is meant to inspire, and the fact is, that everyone has days like this. Days where it just seems hard or you just don’t feel like working out. I have those days too and I share that so you will see you are not alone. And know that when you DO have a day where you just can’t motivate, you just need to go for it. And it may be hard and it may not be your best workout. Sometimes, you may find that you have an amazing workout once you get going. Either way, if you can just power through it, you will feel incredible afterwards. And that my friends, is what will separate you from the crowd. Mental fatigue can be a very persuasive thing, but physically, you can beat it. And the best gains and results come from pushing yourself when you just don’t want to do it. Keep rocking it and keep pushing yourself. You will thank yourself in the end, as I am thanking myself now. I didn’t have the strength and stamina that I have had during previous workouts, but I still pushed myself to failure every time tonight. I kept pushing myself until I had nothing left. And now, I am totally worked out. But I feel great physically and I also feel more positive mentally. That is the beauty of working out. And I bet that I wake up sore as hell tomorrow.
Well that’s it folks… my Saturday night will continue now as I stay home and get my creative juices flowing tonight. I hope you are enjoying your weekend and here is a little more weekend inspiration.
I posted this quote yesterday… “Dreams come true; without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.” -John Updike
And then happened to see this last night. Enjoy!
The 16 Reasons Why It Is So Important To Follow Your Dreams
1. The secret of living is giving, if you follow your dreams then you will have something worth sharing with others, hope, inspiration and a meaning to live, and that to me, is a great contribution.
2. Chasing your dreams will develop your courage. Courage is your fuel to achieve amazing success in life, follow your dreams and exercise courage. In sure enough time you will be unstoppable.
3. There is a reason why as kids we loved magic and dreams. Stop chasing your dreams and you will forget how it feels to live hopeful and young.
4. Great dreamers grow to be independent, learning that they can make a difference all by themselves.
5. Dreams can distract you from the negative events in life. You will weigh up what is more important, your dreams or the drama. Drama seems obsolete when you are passionate about following your dreams.
6. It gives you something to share and inspire your kids with, you have led by example that anything is possible when you put your mind to it.
7. Through accomplishing your dreams you will come to appreciate the experience of failure and know that failure is just part of success and that it wasn’t really all that bad as it was all worth it in the end.
8. Regret is a terrible thing, and a dream is powerful enough to bring you regret if you don’t take the chance to at least follow it.
9. Because you are never too old to dream. Age means nothing when we know what we want.
10. You become an interesting person, you show others you have meaning, direction and purpose.
11. The unknown of following your dreams may spark a little fear, this is okay though because a little fear is known to make you feel more alive.
12. It is fun proving the world wrong, so why would you follow the status quo?
13. The more you chase and accomplish your dreams the more the lines of the boundaries that the world puts in front of us fade, as we learn that any and everything is possible.
14. When you accomplish your dream, you are the first to see it happen. You can share your accomplishments with the rest of the world but you where there in the front row on a single chair to experience the magic that unfolded.
15. Your dreams have no limits, you are the creator of your dreams, big or small. When this is understood, you are able to design a way to favour you plan and accomplish your end goal.
16. A dream is strong enough to define you, once accomplished you prove to others they have no say in who you can and can’t be.
Never Give Up on Your Dreams